Saturday, October 8th, 2011:
We’ve run into a mold/mildew problem.
Two sides of our tiny house exploded with tiny black spots over the summer. Oddly, the two sides that were exposed to the direct sunlight spotted up. The other two sides, the ones that were constantly shaded, are as clear as the day we put the weather seal on.
We looked up some options for taking care of the mold, and found several folks recommending the use of an oxygen cleaner. Many people were cautioning away from the use of bleach, suggesting that it would break down the wood fibers in the siding.
Taking this advice, we purchased an off-brand ‘oxyclean’ type product. A little bit of elbow grease, and we’ve gotten most of the spots off. Took off a lot of the weather seal, as well. Once we clear this problem up, we’ll re-apply…